SHREVEPORT, La. (AP) — A minor earthquake early Thursday shook Northwest Louisiana, the U.S. Geological Survey and the U.S. Department of the Interior confirmed. Multiple news outlets report a 3.0 magnitude earthquake struck near the Blanchard area, northwest of Shreveport, in Caddo Parish about 2:30 a.m. According to the reports, there was very little to no shaking. No damage or injuries were reported. The USGC says a 3.0 magnitude earthquake is considered weak.
Photo courtesy of MGN Online
A minor earthquake early Thursday shook Northwest Louisiana, the U.S. Geological Survey and the U.S. Department of the Interior confirmed.
Posted: Apr 1, 2021 3:02 PM
- Weak earthquake hits Northwest Louisiana
- Louisiana vs Louisiana Tech Soccer Preview
- New complaint hits Louisiana legislators' 'dark money' group
- South Louisiana Giving Day
- Louisiana Phase 3 Guidelines
- Hemp Farming In Louisiana
- Croatia hit by 6.4 magnitude earthquake, leaving at least 7 dead
- First-Half Goals Carry Louisiana Past Louisiana Tech, 2-0
- Arrighetti Deals in Debut, Louisiana Blanks Louisiana Tech, 2-0
- Louisiana State Park Trip Giveaway
Scroll for more content...