PONCHATOULA, La. (AP) — For the second year in a row, the coronavirus pandemic has canceled a popular spring festival in Louisiana. News agencies report that the Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival won't be held April 9-11 as planned. Organizers say the farmer’s auction and the queen’s pageant will still be held. Next year will be the festival's 50th anniversary. Organizers say that festival is still on the calendar.
Photo courtesy of louisianatravel.com
For the second year in a row, the coronavirus pandemic has canceled a popular spring festival in Louisiana.
Posted: Feb 10, 2021 4:10 PM
- Virus cancels Louisiana strawberry fest for 2nd year
- Voodoo Fest in New Orleans canceled for 2nd straight year
- French Quarter Fest Cancelled Due to Rise in Louisiana COVID Cases
- Virus: Louisiana school goes online, forfeits playoffs
- New Orleans Jazz Fest canceled again due to COVID-19
- The Creole Renaissance Fest is Cancelled Due to COVID-19 Resurgence
- Shadows-on-the-Teche Announces Farm Fest 2021 is Canceled
- Louisiana, Loyola Men's Basketball Game Canceled
- Louisiana Governor can Renew Virus Rules, at Least for Now
- Judge Rejects GOP Try at Blocking Louisiana Virus Restrictions
Scroll for more content...