WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. health advisers have endorsed a one-dose COVID-19 vaccine from Johnson & Johnson that's expected to provide an easier-to-use option to fight the pandemic. The panel of Food and Drug Administration experts ruled on Friday that J&J's vaccine protected against COVID-19 and should be made available for adults. The FDA is expected to quickly follow the recommendation and make J&J’s shot the third vaccine authorized for emergency use in the U.S. Shipments of a few million doses could begin as early as Monday. More shots are urgently needed to stay ahead of a mutating virus that has killed more than 500,000 Americans.
Photo courtesy of Johnson & Johnson via AP, File
U.S. health advisers have endorsed a one-dose COVID-19 vaccine from Johnson & Johnson that's expected to provide an easier-to-use option to fight the pandemic.
Posted: Feb 26, 2021 4:14 PM
- US advisers endorse single-shot COVID-19 vaccine from J&J
- FDA Approves Johnson & Johnson Single-Shot Vaccine
- 4 million J&J Covid vaccines ship out, Americans expected to receive shots within 2 days
- A vaccination at your door? J&J quickly spurs new ways to distribute shots
- FDA advisers to consider third possible Covid-19 vaccine Friday
- FDA advisers back Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine for young kids
- J&J Community Vaccine Events for next week (April 5-9)
- US recommends 'pause' for J&J vaccine over clot reports
- FDA OKs mixing COVID vaccines; backs Moderna, J&J boosters
- Louisiana uses single-dose COVID-19 vaccine for large events
Scroll for more content...