RUSTON, La. (AP) — A Texas couple who graduated from Louisiana Tech have created a new endowed professorship in STEM education. The university says Bill and Mary Anne Waldrip of San Antonio donated $60,000 through the Waldrip Family Foundation. The University of Louisiana System Foundation also provided money. The professor will train teachers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. The university says that pending final approval from the UL System Foundation Board, professor Laura Bostick will be the first to hold the position. Its full title is the University of Louisiana System Foundation and Linda Woodard Hensley and Dorothy Woodard Patterson Endowed Professorship in STEM Education.
Photo courtesy of MGN
The professor will train teachers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Posted: Feb 14, 2021 11:03 AM
- Texas couple endows professorship at Louisiana Tech
- Shadows-on-the-Teche Awarded Louisiana Culture Care Fund by Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities
- Louisiana vs Louisiana Tech Soccer Preview
- Gulf Coast Bank Donates $50,000 for Endowed Scholarship at SLCC
- First-Half Goals Carry Louisiana Past Louisiana Tech, 2-0
- Arrighetti Deals in Debut, Louisiana Blanks Louisiana Tech, 2-0
- Louisiana governor to give ethics speech at Louisiana Tech
- I-10 Open at Texas/ Louisiana State Line
- Louisiana VS. Texas Youth Football Classic & Combine
- Louisiana Trooper Charged in Texas Fatal Crash
Scroll for more content...