Jennings – Louisiana State Police Bureau of Investigations/Lake Charles Field Office began investigating a shooting incident involving a State Trooper assigned to Troop D shortly before 7:00 p.m. on September 1, 2020. The shooting took place during the course of a pursuit initiated by the Jennings Police Department. Preliminary information revealed that the incident took place as Troopers responded to assist the Jennings Police Department with a vehicle pursuit traveling north on LA 26. As a responding Trooper attempted to deploy a tire deflation device on LA 26 at W. South Street, the driver steered towards the Trooper leading the Trooper to discharge his firearm. The driver was able to flee the scene and abandoned the vehicle a short distance later. At this time, investigators do not believe the suspect was injured during the incident. No law enforcement personnel were injured and the investigation remains active as investigators continue to search for the suspect. No further information is available at this time.
Photo courtesy of MGN Online
Louisiana State Police Bureau of Investigations/Lake Charles Field Office began investigating a shooting incident involving a State Trooper assigned to Troop D shortly before 7:00 p.m. on September 1, 2020.
Posted: Sep 2, 2020 12:48 PM
- Suspect Sought Following Trooper Involved Shooting
- Trooper Charged in Officer Involved Shooting
- Officer Involved Shooting Suspect Identified
- Louisiana State Troopers Investigating Officer Involved Shooting in Lafayette
- Suspect Identified in Crowley Officer-Involved Shooting
- Information Sought In The Identity And Whereabouts Of Suspects Involved In Battery At Local Business
- UPDATE: Suspect Identified Following Officer Involved Shooting in Abbeville
- Additional Suspects Being Sought in Connection with Looting Incident
- Armed Robbery Suspect Sought by Jefferson Davis Sheriff's Office
- Victim Sought After Shooting in the Area of McCarthy Lane
Scroll for more content...