Brookshire Grocery Co. is deploying its “Community Kitchen” and a team of employee-partners to serve free hot meals to people who are affected by Hurricane Delta in the Lafayette area. Starting today, a team will be serving sausage biscuits for breakfast and hamburgers and hotdogs for lunch and dinner in the Super 1 Foods parking lots listed below, while supplies last at each location.
- Sunday, Oct. 11
- 11:30 a.m. — 215 West Willow Street in Lafayette
- 5 p.m. — 924 Rees Street in Breaux Bridge
- Monday, Oct. 12
- 8 a.m. — 939 S. Lewis Street in New Iberia
- 11:30 a.m. — 939 S. Lewis Street in New Iberia
- 5 p.m. — 2210 Veterans Memorial Drive in Abbeville
- Tuesday, Oct. 13
- 11:30 a.m. — 1800 West Laurel Street in Eunice
- 5 p.m. — 2418 South Union Street in Opelousas
- Wednesday, Oct. 14
- 8 a.m. — 2418 South Union Street in Opelousas
BGC’s top priority is safety of our employee-partners and customers. In commitment to that, our team will continue to uphold strict COVID-19 protocols in our stores and while providing relief efforts in the community. BGC employee-partners will wear gloves and masks while providing contactless service in the drive thru lines at the Community Kitchen sites. The company encourages people without vehicles to practice social distancing and wear masks or facial coverings when receiving a meal.