Photo Gallery 1 Images
St. Martinville, La. - Sheriff Becket Breaux announces that today, Oct. 16, 2020, Deputies with the St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office executed an outstanding felony arrest warrant at a residence in the 200 block of Resweber Street, St. Martinville, La.
During the execution of the felony arrest warrant, Deputies obtained probable cause to obtain a narcotics search warrant. Following the acquisition and execution of the narcotics search warrant, Deputies located suspected marijuana; suspected “Moon Rocks” (THC derivative), suspected LSD, suspected N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT), suspected Ecstasy, suspected methamphetamine, suspected powdered cocaine, suspected acetaminophen/hydrocodone, suspected Alprazolam, U.S. currency, a stolen 9mm handgun, two digital scales, along with various new, clear plastic baggies which are indicative of the distribution of illegal narcotics.
At the culmination of the investigation, Deputies arrested Bennett Bienvenu, 45, St. Martinville, La., and charged him as follows:
- LA. R.S. 40:966A(1); Possession With Intent to Distribute Schedule I CDS (Marijuana)
- LA. R.S. 40:966A(1); Possession With Intent to Distribute Schedule I CDS (“Moon Rocks”)
- LA. R.S. 40:966A(1); Possession With Intent to Distribute Schedule I CDS (LSD)
- LA. R.S. 40:966A(1); Possession With Intent to Distribute Schedule I CDS (DMT)
- LA. R.S. 40:966C; Possession of Schedule I CDS (MDMA/Ecstasy)
- LA. R.S. 40:967A; Possession With Intent to Distribute Schedule II CDS (Methamphetamine) – Over 28 Grams
- LA. R.S. 40:967C; Possession of Schedule II CDS (Powdered Cocaine)
- LA. R.S. 40:967C; Possession of Schedule II CDS (Acetaminophen/Hydrocodone)
- LA. R.S. 40:969A; Possession With Intent to Distribute Schedule IV CDS (Alprazolam)
- LA. R.S. 40:1041; Transactions Involving Proceeds from Drug Offenses
- LA. R.S. 40:981.3; Possession of CDS in drug free zone – 9 Counts
- LA. R.S. 14:69.1; Possession of Stolen Firearms
- LA. R.S. 14:95E; Possession of Firearm in the Presence of CDS – 9 Counts
- LA. R.S. 14:26; Criminal Conspiracy to Distribute Methamphetamine
He was also arrested on an outstanding felony arrest warrant for violation of the following:
- 1 Count-LA. R.S. 14:26-Criminal Conspiracy (To Possess With Intent to Distribute Methamphetamine)-Felony
- 1 Count-LA. R.S.40:967/A-Dist/Manufacture or Possession w/Intent of Schedule II CDS (Methamphetamine-Over 28 Grams) Felony
- 1 Count of LA. R.S.40:1023-Prohibited Acts/Drug Paraphernalia-Misdemeanor
Following his arrest, he was booked into the St. Martin Parish Correctional Center on the above charges. At the time of this release, no bond had been set.
If you suspect illegal narcotics activity is occurring in your neighborhood, please report it via the St. Martin Parish Narcotics Tip Line (337) 394-2626. Help us keep the streets of St. Martin Parish free of illegal drug activity.