COVINGTON, La. (AP) — A former priest and two women accused of having sex on a church altar have been charged with institutional vandalism, and a second former priest has been charged separately with molesting a juvenile. District Attorney Warren Montgomery says 37-year-old Travis Jhon Clark, 41-year-old Mindy Lynn Dixon of Kent, Washington, and 28-year-old Melissa Kamon Cheng, of Alpharetta, Georgia, were charged Thursday in one bill of information. He says Patrick Briain Wattigny was charged in another. Archbishop Gregory Aymond announced on Oct. 1 that both men had been working in St. Tammany Parish and had been removed from the ministry. The following week he described the altar's desecration as “demonic.”
Photo courtesy of Pixaby
A former priest and two women accused of having sex on a church altar have been charged with institutional vandalism, and a second former priest has been charged separately with molesting a juvenile.
Posted: Mar 19, 2021 3:15 PM
- Separate charges against 2 ex-priests in New Orleans suburb
- Sheriff: 3 dead in gun store shooting in New Orleans suburb
- New Orleans Pelicans Restart Preview
- New Orleans Attorney Pleads Guilty to Tax Fraud Charge
- Louisiana Priest Arrested for Alleged Threesome on Church Altar
- Police Officer Shot in French Quarter Area of New Orleans
- New Orleans to Allow Bars to Open at 25% Capacity
- Chuck E. Cheese Donates to Children's Hospital of New Orleans
- New Orleans Moving to Modified Phase One Restrictions
Scroll for more content...