BREAKING NEWS Suspected Homicide Leaves One Man Dead In Lafayette Parish Full Story
SEVERE WX : Flood Warning View Alerts

Scott Fire Department Responds to Residential Fire

No firefighters or civilians were injured during the incident.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 8:52 AM
Updated: Dec 1, 2020 8:53 AM

On Tuesday , December 1st at 1:08 am, Scott Fire Department was dispatched to a residential fire in the 100 block of La Rue Blanc.
Upon arrival , firefighters observed heavy smoke and fire emitting from a manufactured home. Firefighters made entry into the structure and determined the fire was in the attic area, which was brought under control and extinguished. The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental, caused by an overloaded circuit as a result of an electric space heater. The female and her fiancé were awakened by the smell of smoke and able to place her elderly father in his wheelchair and bring him outside to safety. Another resident was able to safely escape through a bedroom window. The home sustained major fire and smoke damage. With the recent arrival of cold weather to Acadia, SFD has been busy attempting to educate people on safety tips for space heaters. We ask you to please visit our face book page for tips to stay safe. No firefighters or civilians were injured during the incident. Firefighters from Carencro, Duson and Lafayette
responded to assist with extinguishment.

Lafayette
Clear
81° wxIcon
Hi: 87° Lo: 75°
Feels Like: 87°
New Iberia
Clear
79° wxIcon
Hi: 87° Lo: 75°
Feels Like: 82°
Ville Platte
Clear
79° wxIcon
Hi: 91° Lo: 72°
Feels Like: 82°
Abbeville
Clear
78° wxIcon
Hi: 86° Lo: 77°
Feels Like: 80°
Crowley
Clear
80° wxIcon
Hi: 88° Lo: 74°
Feels Like: 87°
St. Martinville
Clear
79° wxIcon
Hi: 87° Lo: 76°
Feels Like: 82°
Opelousas
Partly Cloudy
79° wxIcon
Hi: 90° Lo: 73°
Feels Like: 82°
Muggy Next Few Days Before Cold Front Arrives

Community Events