STREAMING NOW: Watch Now

Scott Fire Department Responds to Accidental Commercial Fire

Scott Fire Dept.

On Thursday, Dec. 17 at 8:46 p.m., Scott Fire Department was dispatched to a commercial fire in the 300 Block Westgate Road. Upon arrival, firefighters observed heavy smoke emitting from a coin laundry business.

Posted: Dec 18, 2020 3:58 PM

On Thursday, Dec. 17 at 8:46 p.m., Scott Fire Department was dispatched to a commercial fire in the 300 Block Westgate Road. Upon arrival, firefighters observed heavy smoke emitting from a coin laundry business.

Firefighters were able to quickly bring the fire under control, confining it to one corner of the building.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental in nature, caused by clothes overheating, infighting and spreading to a nearby machine and wall.

Damage to the structure was minimal.

Lafayette, Duson and Judice responded to assist.

Lafayette
Clear
41° wxIcon
Hi: 60° Lo: 34°
Feels Like: 41°
New Iberia
Clear
39° wxIcon
Hi: 60° Lo: 36°
Feels Like: 39°
Ville Platte
Clear
35° wxIcon
Hi: 62° Lo: 33°
Feels Like: 35°
Abbeville
Clear
39° wxIcon
Hi: 61° Lo: 38°
Feels Like: 39°
Crowley
Clear
42° wxIcon
Hi: 59° Lo: 33°
Feels Like: 42°
St. Martinville
Clear
39° wxIcon
Hi: 60° Lo: 36°
Feels Like: 39°
Opelousas
Clear
35° wxIcon
Hi: 62° Lo: 32°
Feels Like: 35°
Tracking the next cold front

Latest Video

Image

Road Named After Dr. King

Image

ACADIANA JOB OUTLOOK

${item.thumbnail.title}

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service

Image

Tracking warmer temps

Image

Try The King Cake Cheesecake, A Unique Twist on a Classic Carnival Staple

Image

Tax Tips: Deadlines, Deadlines, Deadlines! Find Out Which Ones Are Coming Up!

Image

Deadly Coronavirus trend

Image

Is panhandling constiutional?

Image

Comparing seasonal flu and Covid-19

Image

Sunny and Cool Afternoon

Community Events