NEW YORK (AP) — The family of rapper DMX says he has died at age 50 after a career in which he delivered iconic hip-hop songs such as “Ruff Ryders’ Anthem." A statement from the family says the Grammy-nominated rapper died at a hospital in White Plains, New York, “with his family by his side after being placed on life support for the past few days.” He was rushed to a New York hospital from his home April 2. The hospital says he suffered “catastrophic cardiac arrest.” DMX made his mark as one of hip-hop’s most recognizable names for his rap artistry and as an actor. But he was personally stifled by legal battles and drug addiction.
Cropped Photo Credit: Rzom_ / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0
The family of rapper DMX says he has died at age 50 after a career in which he delivered iconic hip-hop songs such as “Ruff Ryders’ Anthem."
Posted: Apr 9, 2021 11:40 AM
Updated: Apr 9, 2021 11:42 AM
- Rapper-actor DMX, known for gruff delivery, dead at 50
- Masked Rapper MF Doom Dies at 49
- Rapper King Von, 2 others, fatally shot in Atlanta
- Rapper Lil Wayne Charged with Federal Gun Offense in Florida
- Rapper Lil Wayne Pleads Guilty to Federal Weapons Charge
- Christopher Plummer, 'Sound of Music' actor and Hollywood legend, dead at 91
- Waitr Offers Free Delivery to Celebrate EatLafayette
- Waitr Adds Alcohol Delivery in Lafayette
- Hampr Launches Presto Health Prescription Delivery Service
Scroll for more content...