Oct. 9, 2021 is the Open Primary/Orleans Municipal Parochial Primary Election.
The following is important information for the Saturday, Oct. 9, 2021 Open Primary/Orleans Municipal Parochial Primary Election:
· The qualifying period for candidates is July 14-16, 2021. Local and municipal candidates qualify with the clerk of court in the parish in which they are registered to vote (contact your local clerk of court for office hours). State candidates qualify in the executive offices of Secretary of State, Kyle Ardoin at 8585 Archives Ave. in Baton Rouge between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Qualifying fees must be paid in the form of cash; certified or cashier's check on a state or national bank or credit union; U.S. postal money order; or money order issued by a state or national bank or credit union and must be accompanied by the qualifying form.
· The deadline to register to vote in person or by mail is Sept. 8.
· The deadline to register to vote through the GeauxVote Online Registration System is Sept. 18.
· Early voting is Sept. 25 through Oct. 2 (excluding Sunday, Sept. 26) from 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
· The deadline to request an absentee ballot is Oct. 5 by 4:30 p.m. You can request an absentee ballot online through our Voter Portal or in writing through your Registrar of Voters Office (other than military and overseas voters).
· The deadline for a registrar of voters to receive a voted absentee ballot is Oct. 8 by 4:30 p.m. (other than military and overseas voters)
All races are one to be elected unless otherwise noted.
Council Member Division A, City of Youngsville
Mayor – village of Palmetto
Aldermen – Village of Palmetto
Justice of Peace – Dist. 5
City Court Marshal, City of New Iberia
Justice of the Peace – Ward 2
Mayor – village of Estherwood
Aldermen – Village of Estherwood
Aldermen – village of Mermentau (2 to be elected)
City Court Marshal, city of Morgan City