PINEVILLE, La. – Feb. 19, 2021 (12 p.m.) – As of 12 p.m. February 19,2021, Cleco has restored power to nearly 27,000 customers since the second winter storm moved across the company’s service territory on Wednesday. At the height of the storm, approximately 43,000 customers were without power. “It’s still early in today’s restoration efforts,” said James Lass, director of distribution and emergency management. “As the day goes on, we’ll have a better idea of our progress and will continue to make updates through our website and Facebook page.” Restoration Assessment Below are estimated times for restoration (ETR). More ETRs will be communicated as they become available. Please note that unexpected damage or inclement weather could impact restoration efforts and timelines. Grant and Rapides Parishes
· Deville, Buckeye, Hwy. 115, Nation Road – Power will be restored to 50 percent of customers by tonight; remaining customers will be without power overnight.
· Crews are working in the following areas today and expect most customers’ will have power restored tonight but will know more as they continue their work and damage assessments.
o Flatwoods, Mora, Sharp areas
o Rigolette Road, Ridgeview Drive, Northup Drive, Retreat West
o Cotile, Hwy. 121, St. Claire Road, Walker Creek Road
o Twin Bridges Road, Mesinna Road, parts of Elmer
o Hwy. 112, Elmer, Calcasieu, Sieper
o Hwy. 1N, Old Boyce Road, Tuma Drive, Tipperary, Kilkenny
o Pollock, Dyson Creek, Hughart Road, Hickory Street, Mercer Road, Walker Ferry
o Ball, Daniels, Shanghai, Beeson, Monroe Hwy.
o Libuse, Azalea Court, Bohanaon Road, Holiday Boulevard, Janet Drive
o Booner Miller Road, Denny Road, Palmer Chapel Road, Duplissey Road
o Stilley Road, Rubin Drive, portion of Hwy. 28E
o Smith Street, Chandler Street, Quail Lane, Sanders Street, Tudor, Penick in Pineville
o Philadelphia Community
· Oakdale – Majority of customers should have power by tonight. There will be some customers without power overnight.
· Bunkie, Mansura, Plaucheville, Vick, Centerpoint, Ruby, Effie, Marksville, Hessmer, Simmesport, Bordelonville, Moreauville – Crews are working in these towns and cities on major circuits. There is significant tree damage and a large number of isolated outages. Power will be restored to some customers by tonight, but there will be customers without power overnight. Complete restoration is expected by Sunday, Feb. 21.
· Chicot State Park – Power will be restored by tonight.
· Grand Cane (Ranchland Acres on Percheron & Pinto Roads), Keachi, Gloster, Pelican, Stanley Lake – Majority of customers should have power by tonight. There will be some customers without power overnight.
· Campti and Clarence – Power will be restored to the majority of customers by tonight. There will be some customers without power overnight.
· Natchitoches and Robeline – Power will be restored to some customers by tonight, but majority of customers will be out overnight with restoration expected by tomorrow, Saturday, Feb. 20.
Red River Parish
· Coushatta – Crews are working in this area today and expect power will be restored to the majority of customers by tonight.
· Many, Pleasant Hill, Toledo Bend Lake, Converse & Converse Lake area, Zwolle, Noble – Crews are working in these areas today and expect power will be restored to majority of customers by tonight but do anticipate some customers will be without power overnight.
Power Outages as of 12 p.m.
Allen Parish 196
Avoyelles Parish 4,374
Beauregard Parish Less than 5
Catahoula Parish 24
DeSoto Parish 193
Evangeline Parish 1,005
Grant Parish 869
LaSalle Parish 11
Natchitoches Parish 320
Rapides Parish 7,641
Red River Parish 15
Sabine Parish 1,446
St. Mary Parish 9
Vernon Parish 34
For the latest information on power outages and restoration efforts, visit Cleco’s Storm Center page at cleco.com or follow the company on Facebook @Cleco Power.