Port Barre - Port Barre Police are investigating a double shooting that happened around 7:45 p.m. Sunday on Pacific Street. Police Chief Deon Boudreaux tells News15 they've identified a 17-year-old male as the suspect who shot a female in the back and a male in the leg. The woman was airlifted to the hospital and is expected to survive. The male was treated on the scene and released by medics. Boudreaux adds that the 17-year-old suspect was also the victim of a shooting June 9th on Osage Street in what police believe was a targeted attack. The victim-now-suspect was shot in the hip. The alleged shooter in the Osage Street incident, 18-year-old JaMarcus Jamaal Hardy, remains at large on an attempted second-degree murder warrant.
Port Barre Police are investigating a double shooting that happened around 7:45 p.m. Sunday on Pacific Street.
Posted: Jul 5, 2021 12:43 PM
- Port Barre Police investigating double shooting that happend over the weekend
- Port Barre Police Locate Missing Teen
- Victim of Opelousas Shooting Also Wanted By Port Barre Police
- Port Barre police investigating a shooting in the 300 block of Osage Street
- Port Barre Woman Arrested For Attempted Murder
- Second Degree Murder Suspect in Port Barre Shooting Arrested
- Port Barre Police Wish Resident a Happy 95th Birthday!
- Little Teche Bridge in Port Barre Opens to Traffic
- UPDATE: Person of interest in Port Barre school threat investigation released
Scroll for more content...