BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Authorities say a Louisiana pediatrician was arrested Wednesday and accused of physically and verbally assaulting a Southern University student-athlete while she was walking near the LSU Lakes. Baton Rouge police say 54-year-old Shane McKinney was charged with simple battery. Police say the student was walking along the lake Monday night when a man punched her in the chest and verbally assaulted her. Southern officials believe the assault was racially motivated. McKinney was a pediatric emergency medicine doctor at Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital but he's since been placed on administrative leave. His profile was also removed from the hospital's website. It's unclear whether he has an attorney.
Authorities say a Louisiana pediatrician was arrested Wednesday and accused of physically and verbally assaulting a Southern University student-athlete while she was walking near the LSU Lakes.
Posted: Nov 12, 2020 3:06 PM
- Police: Doctor Accused of Assaulting Southern student
- Former Shreveport Police Department Officer Indicted for Assaulting an Arrestee
- Acadiana High School Student Tased and Arrested for Aggravated Assault on a Police Officer Among Other Charges
- Couple Arrested for Domestic Abuse Aggravated Assault
- UPDATE: Mayor, police chief issue statements on alleged assault of Cajun Navy volunteer
- Doctors Hope To Avoid 'Twindemic' as Flu Season Begins
- A California doctor performed surgery during a Zoom court appearance
- ER doctor says he theorized Floyd most likely suffocated
- Teddy Bear Clinic Helps Kids That Fear Doctors Visits
Scroll for more content...