Beauregard Parish – Troopers from Louisiana State Police Troop D responded to a single-vehicle, fatal crash on US Highway 171 just north of N. Perkins Ferry Road on September 11, 2020, just after 6:00 p.m.,. The crash claimed the life of 59-year-old Dorothy Noble Woodley of DeRidder. The preliminary investigation revealed the driver of a 2008 GMC pickup truck was traveling north on US Hwy 171 prior to the crash. The GMC sustained a tire failure causing the driver to lose control of the vehicle and run off the right side of the roadway. After leaving the roadway, the GMC entered a ditch and rolled over onto its side causing the passenger to be partially ejected from the vehicle. Despite the fact both being properly restrained at the time of the crash, Woodley suffered fatal injuries and was pronounced deceased at the scene. The driver was not injured. A toxicology sample was obtained from the driver and will be submitted for analysis. The crash remains under investigation.
Photo courtesy of MGN Online
Troopers from Louisiana State Police Troop D responded to a single-vehicle, fatal crash on US Highway 171 just north of N. Perkins Ferry Road
Posted: Sep 14, 2020 9:36 AM
- Passenger Killed Single-Vehicle Crash in Beauregard Parish
- Passenger Killed in Two-Vehicle Crash in Beauregard Parish
- Unrestrained Driver Killed in Single-Vehicle Crash in Beauregard Parish
- DeRidder Man Killed in Beauregard Parish Crash
- Motorcyclist Killed in Beauregard Parish Crash
- Driver Killed, Passenger Injured in Single-Vehicle Crash in Vermilion Parish
- Passenger Killed in Two-Vehicle Crash in Calcasieu Parish
- Driver Killed in Single-Vehicle Crash in St. Landry Parish
- Man Dies in Fatal Crash in Beauregard Parish Results
- Bush Man Killed in Single Vehicle Crash
Scroll for more content...