Opelousas Police were called to a disturbance at Opelousas High School involving a student and a teacher on March 4, 2021 at approximately 2:15 P.M. The disturbance occurred after a female teacher approached a male student regarding a school policy violation of the student wearing an unapproved graphic T-Shirt. The incident escalated when the female teacher allegedly grabbed the student by the arm to escort him into the office to address the policy violation. It is not school policy that staff make any physical contact with a student when handling such matters. The unlawful physical contact constituted a violation of L.A.R.S. 14:35 Simple Battery. The teacher involved in the incident , Patricia Brignac was issued a summons to appear in the Opelousas City Court.
Opelousas Police were called to a disturbance at Opelousas High School involving a student and a teacher on March 4, 2021 at approximately 2:15 P.M.
Posted: Mar 9, 2021 3:10 PM
- Opelousas High School Teacher to Appear in Court For Simple Battery to a Student
- Opelousas shooting
- Opelousas Police Shooting Arrests
- Opelousas Tops Livonia 60-49
- Keeping Investing Super Simple
- Opelousas Catholic School Held Pro Life Mass
- Elton Woman Charged with Simple Battery and Assault with a Firearm
- New Iberia Police: Man Wanted for Simple Criminal Damage to Property and Aggravate Battery
- Iowa Woman Arrested on Domestic Abuse Battery and Simple Criminal Property Damage
- Opelousas General Coping with COVID-19
Scroll for more content...