Due to the increase in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations in the Acadiana region, Opelousas General Health System will be adjusting the Visitor Policy.
Beginning July 23rd, 2021 at 12:00pm CST, visitors will be allowed in the following areas:
All overnight patients are allowed one essential visitor to stay overnight.
· Visitation Hours:
o General: 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
o ICU: 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
· Visitors under 18 years of age must be coordinated through the command center.
· Any visitor exiting the building outside of visitation hours will not be allowed to reenter until visitation hours are open.
· No visitors can enter the hospital outside of visiting hours unless they are with a patient admitted through ED.
· All visitors must be screened for COVID-19, be asymptomatic, and always wear a mask. Visitors refusing to wear a mask or wear the mask appropriately (per CDC guidelines) while within any building on an OGHS campus will be required to leave the building.
· Visitors must check in with our guest relations team upon entering the building.
· Visitors must wear a visitor bracelet provided by guest relations. ED is excluded.
· Visitors will be subject to screening upon reentering the building.
· Visitors are not allowed to swap during day. Exceptions must be approved through command center.
· Surgery visitors will be allowed to wait in the waiting rooms. Any visitors that begin exhibiting symptoms of respiratory infection will be asked to leave the campus.
· Labor and Delivery is allowed one visitor for duration of the stay and one additional visitor per day. A spouse or significant other is the visitor allowed for the duration of the stay.
· Essential visitors are persons required to be with the patient to complete the visit. A parent of a minor or a caregiver are examples of essential guests.
· Clergy will be allowed to visit with patients during this time.