AP- A Louisiana State Police trooper has died in an apparent suicide as colleagues searched his home as part of a criminal investigation. Three state law enforcement officials told The Associated Press that Senior Trooper August “Gus” McKay shot himself Wednesday after authorities arrived at his home in Washington Parish. The officials were not authorized to discuss McKay’s death and spoke to AP on the condition of anonymity. State Police declined to comment on specifics of the death or the probe. McKay made headlines this year after State Police apologized for failing to discipline him for sending a recorded racial slur to a Black colleague.
A Louisiana State Police trooper has died in an apparent suicide as colleagues searched his home as part of a criminal investigation.
Posted: Dec 31, 2020 10:18 AM
- Official: Trooper under investigation dies, apparent suicide
- Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Deputies Investigating Apparent Murder-Suicide
- Trooper Charged in Use of Force Investigation
- UPDATE:Carencro Police Investigating Murder-Suicide
- Trooper kicked, dragged Black man who died in custody
- Louisiana State Troopers Investigating Officer Involved Shooting in Lafayette
- Suspect Sought Following Trooper Involved Shooting
- Trooper Charged in Officer Involved Shooting
- Trooper " Jack" Assists in Drug Arrest
- Two police officers died by suicide after responding to Capitol riot
Scroll for more content...