Duson Police arrested 27-year-old Samantha Doucet of Duson on charges of second-degree cruelty to a juvenile. An investigation revealed that on Thursday, April 1, 2021, Doucet allowed her 8-year-old son to light a bonfire unattended in the 300 block of S. A Street in Duson . The mother learned of the injuries on April 1, 2021, but failed to seek medical attention. After four days of intense pain, a relative intervened and brought the child to a medical facility where the injuries were diagnosed as second and third-degree burns to the face, hands, and legs. Family members notified police on Tuesday, and Samantha Doucet was booked into the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center. Duson Police are working with the Division of Child and Family Services in this case, and charges are being forwarded to the 15th Judicial District Attorney
Duson Police arrested 27-year-old Samantha Doucet of Duson on charges of second-degree cruelty to a juvenile.
Posted: Apr 7, 2021 8:14 AM
Updated: Apr 7, 2021 8:59 AM
- Mother Arrested For Second- Degree Cruely to a Juvenile After Son Receives Second and Third Degree Burns
- Juvenile Arrested for Attempted Second Degree Murder
- Juvenile Arrested and Charged with Attempted Second Degree Murder
- Man Arrested on Third Degree Rape of a Juvenile
- Juvenile Free After Arrest for Attempted First Degree Murder
- Man Arrested on First Degree Rape of a Juvenile
- Two Arrested in First Degree Murder of Juvenile
- St. Martinville Man Arrested On Third Degree Rape and Molestation Of A Juvenile
- Breaux Bridge Man Arrested On Second Degree Cruelty To Juveniles Charge
- Opelousas Man Arrested for Second Degree Murder and Attempted Second Degree Murder
Scroll for more content...