DALLAS (AP) — Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has relented on not playing the national anthem before home games this season. The move came shortly after the NBA reiterated its “longstanding league policy” to include the anthem. Republican Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says he intends to introduce a bill in the Texas Senate that will ensure the national anthem is played at all events that receive public funding. He says the bill has broad support.
AP Photo/Jack Dempsey, File
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has relented on not playing the national anthem before home games this season.
Posted: Feb 10, 2021 6:09 PM
- Mavs' Cuban relents on anthem after NBA reiterates policy
- Lafayette Mayor-President Josh Guillory Reiterates Zero Tolerance Policy for Threats to Life and Property
- NBA reporter and analyst Sekou Smith dies of Covid-19
- NBA announces schedule changes for the New Orleans Pelicans games
- NBA tells teams rules will be relaxed for vaccinated persons
- Ochsner Lafayette General Updates Visitation Policy
- Blanco Public Policy Center at UL Lafayette launches policy briefs series
- Louisiana Policy Institute for Children Names New Board of Directors
Scroll for more content...