Lafayette, LA – Ahead of Saturday and Sunday’s Louisiana vs. Texas Youth Football Classic games, players from Lafayette Parish and Texas will participate in a combine on Friday, January 22 from 5:30 p.m.-8 p.m. Combine scorekeepers include former college and NFL Players, an Olympian, a PGA executive, and musician Bryson “Cupid” Bernard.
The Classic is a first-time Lafayette Consolidated Government Parks and Recreation Department event, drawing four teams from Texas and four teams from Lafayette Parish. “It gives our kids a chance to play against kids from other areas. And having professional athletes judging the combine gives them a chance to mingle and talk to sport icons,” Lafayette Parks and Recreation Athletic Supervisor Walter Guillory said.
· Hollis Conway – Two-time High Jump Olympic Medalist
· Cedric Figaro – San Diego Chargers, Indianapolis Colts, Cleveland Browns, St. Louis Rams
· Keiland Williams – Washington Redskins, Detroit Lions
· Don Wallace –former UL Lafayette quarterback, currently PGA Tour Executive
· Wade Richey – San Francisco 49ers, San Diego Chargers, Baltimore Ravens
· Shannon Clavelle – Green Bay Packers, Kansas City Chiefs.
· Lloyd Mumphord – Miami Dolphins, Baltimore Colts
· Gerald Broussard – former UL Lafayette football player and UL coach
· Jacarde Carter – former Grambling State University football player
· Trev Faulk – New Orleans Saints, Arizona Cardinals, St. Louis Rams
· Kevin Faulk – New England Patriots and currently LSU Running Backs Coach
· Lionel Vital – Washington Redskins, Buffalo Bills and currently Dallas Cowboys Director of College Scouting
· Bryson “Cupid” Bernard – musician
Louisiana vs. Texas Youth Football Classic Schedule
· Saturday, January 23 – Tournament, 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
· Sunday, January 24 – Championship, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Games and the combine will be held at Clark Field, 313 Park Avenue, Lafayette, LA.
For more information, contact Lafayette Parks and Recreation Athletic Supervisor Walter Guillory, (337) 291-8375 or email@example.com