BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Louisiana’s environment secretary says he tested positive for COVID-19, has mild symptoms and plans to continue work remotely. Department of Environmental Quality Secretary Chuck Carr Brown made the announcement Tuesday via a statement from his office. Brown says he’s started receiving treatment to try to keep his symptoms from worsening. Brown’s agency said 58 workers have been infected with COVID-19 since the pandemic began, and 32 have recovered. No one has died from the coronavirus illness. Brown joins several other state officials who have tested positive for COVID-19 since March. He is Edwards’ second cabinet secretary to announce he contracted COVID-19, along with Transportation and Development Secretary Shawn Wilson.
Louisiana’s environment secretary says he tested positive for COVID-19, has mild symptoms and plans to continue work remotely.
Posted: Jan 12, 2021 3:36 PM
- Louisiana Environmental Quality Secretary contracts COVID-19
- Louisiana Chemical Facilities Recognized for Environmental Stewardship
- Louisiana Secretary of State Provides Hurricane Zeta Election Update
- Louisiana's COVID-19 Hospitalizations Continue Their Spike
- Louisiana Treasurer Hospitalized for COVID-19 Treatment
- First Covid-19 Vaccine Administered in Louisiana
- Louisiana vs Louisiana Tech Soccer Preview
Scroll for more content...