The U.S. Coast Guard has confirmed that a life guard at a beach at Port Aransas, Texas, found a hard hat with the name "Daspit" on it this week, leading to speculation that it belonged to 30-year-old Dylan Daspit of Breaux Bridge, one of seven Seacor Power crew members still missing after the vessel capsized in a storm off the coast of Port Fourchon, LA, on April 13. Coast Guard Public Affairs Officer Cory Mindenhall of Houma tells News15 it's customary in such situations for Seacor to consult with family members to determine if the hard hat belonged to Daspit. We've reached out to Seacor and are awaiting more information.
A lifeguard at a beach at Port Aransas, Texas, found a hard hat with the name "Daspit" on it this week, leading to speculation that it belonged to 30-year-old Dylan Daspit of Breaux Bridge.
Posted: May 14, 2021 1:05 PM
- Lifeguard in Texas Finds Hard Hat Believed to Belong to Missing SEACOR Crew Member
- Dead Seacor Power crew member identified
- Body of Fifth Seacor Crew Member Recovered
- UPDATE: Body of second Seacor Power crew member identified
- Third family of SEACOR Power crew member files lawsuit
- Divers, United Cajun Navy continue to search Seacor Power; 4 Acadiana crew members remain missing
- Coast Guard: Bodies of 2 more Seacor Power crew members found
- Spouse of lost crew member sues Seacor Power owners for $25 million
- Salvage Crews Train, Start Removing Fuel from SEACOR Power
- Salvage crews complete fuel removal from SEACOR Power
Scroll for more content...