(KADN/KLAF) - A Lafayette police officer was fired today after being charged earlier this week in connection with an arrest on New Year's Eve. The Lafayette Parish Clerk of Court's Office confirms that 29-year-old former officer Alex Ritter was charged Monday in a bill of information by the district attorney's office with malfeasance in office and simple battery. A Lafayette police spokeswoman confirmed Ritter's termination for News15. The charges are in connection with the arrest December 31st of 25-year-old Edmond Thornton on armed robbery, simple battery and other charges. Thornton remains in the Lafayette Parish Jail. The bill of information for Thornton's arrest identifies the alleged victim of his simple battery as officer Ritter. Few details of the incident involving the now-fired officer and Thornton are available at this time.
Few details of the incident involving the now-fired officer and Thornton are available at this time.
Posted: Apr 7, 2021 4:25 PM
Updated: Apr 7, 2021 4:26 PM
- Lafayette Police Officer Fired After Arrest in New Year's Eve Incident; Duson Man Also Charged
- Duson Police Officer Fired for Malfeasance in Office Charges
- Man Arrested in Shooting Incident on Interstate 10 Near Duson
- Duson Police Searching for Fraudulent Check Suspects
- Duson Police Chief Kip Judice Recovery
- Duson Police Conduct Casino Narcotics Operation; Two Arrested
- Town of Duson Under Curfew Monday Night
- UPDATE: Duson Police Identify Suspects in Camper Theft
- Duson Man in Critical Condition Following Thursday Evevning Crash
- Lafayette Man Arrested On Multiple Drug Charges
Scroll for more content...