Lafayette firefighters responded to a commercial fire at Slick’s Garage. When first responders arrived on scene, a vehicle was on fire next to the building. Firefighters extinguished the fire quickly before it spread to the building. The car was totaled and there was heat damage to the metal exterior of the building.
No injuries were reported.
The owner of the business was loading the vehicle onto a tow truck when it began to spark. Fuel from the vehicle ignited engulfing the vehicle.
The fire was ruled an accident