Residents, especially those who live in areas prone to flooding, are encouraged to prepare for potential effects from Tropical Depression 14 and Tropical Storm Laura. Sandbag sites are available throughout Lafayette Parish. All locations are self-bagging, and residents must bring their own shovel and manpower.
Please note: The Fortune Road sandbag location is no longer open and has been moved to Foster Park at 399 2nd Street in Youngsville.
LAFAYETTE CITY AND PARISH SANDBAG LOCATIONS
· North District site at 400 N Dugas Road (located off North University Avenue)
· Foster Park at 399 2nd Street in Youngsville
Self-bagging; bring shovel and manpower
Bags Per Household
· Please limit sandbags to four bags per exterior door.
· Maximum of 20 sandbags per household.
MUNICIPALITY SANDBAG LOCATIONS
· City Hall, 310 E. Main Street (behind City Hall)
· Deer Meadow Subdivision (corner of Deer Meadow Boulevard and Myette Point Street)
· Broadview Drive (by Broussard Community Center)
Self-bagging; bring shovel and manpower. Sandbag stations are open until the threat of heavy rain has passed.
· Community Center, 5115 N. University Avenue (behind the Community Center)
Self-bagging; bring shovel and manpower.