The Water System has experienced problems with their water supply system due to weather related loss of pressure.The customer saffected are those within the area bounded on the north by I-10, bounded on the south by Landry Rd., bounded on the east by Jenkins Rd. and on the west by Hanks Rd. Because of these problems, the water produced by our water supply system is of questionable microbiological quality. Therefore, as a precaution, the Water System is issuing a BOIL ADVISORY effective immediately. This BOIL ADVISORY is to remain in effect until rescinded by theWater System. It is recommended that all consumers disinfect their water before consuming it (including fountain drinks), making ice, brushing teeth, or using it for food preparation or rinsing of foods by the following means: Boil water for one (1) full minute in a clean container. The one minute starts after the water has been brought to a rolling boil. (The flat taste can be eliminated by shaking the water in a clean bottle, pouring it from one clean container to another, or by adding a small pinch of salt to each quart of water that is boiled.) Again, please be sure to disinfect your own water prior to consumption until you have been advised otherwise.The Water System will rescind this Boil Advisory upon notification from the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals -Office of Public Health that additional water samples collected from our water supply system have shown our water to be safe.
Photo courtesy of MGN Online
Lafayette Parish Waterworks District North Issues a Boil Advisory
Posted: Feb 18, 2021 12:43 PM
Updated: Feb 18, 2021 12:45 PM
- Lafayette Parish Waterworks District North Issues a Boil Advisory
- Waterworks District #3 (Coteau) is Under a Boil Water Advisory
- New Iberia Issues a Boil Water Advisory for Waterworks District 3
- Water boil advisory for Waterworks District #3 (Coteau) has been lifted
- Boil Water Advisory Issued for Some Areas of Vermilion Parish
- Lafayette Utilities System Issues a Boil Water Advisory Notification
- Lafayette Utilities System Boil Water Advisory Update
- Iberia Parish Waterworks District #3 (Coteau) will be stopping distribution to customers tonight
- The City of Scott Issues a Boil Water Advisory
- Bayou Teche Water Works Issues Boil Water Advisory
Scroll for more content...