The Lafayette Parish School System announced today that all middle school and high school students will return to a hybrid schedule of learning after the Thanksgiving break. This includes students attending Southside High School and David Thidodaux STEM Magnet Academy. On Monday, November 30, 2020 when students return to school, all middle and high school students will follow the A/B schedule. Elementary school students will continue to attend school every day for face-to-face instruction. Please take note that the week of November 30 is a B week, meaning B-day students report to school on Friday, December 4. . This schedule will continue through December 22, 2020, and an announcement regarding how students will report on January 4, 2021 will be made prior to the holiday break. While we know that face-to-face instruction is best for all students, our goal is to take proactive actions now to avoid closing schools entirely. We recognize that this is a fluid situation, and we will continue to evaluate and adjust our learning model based on the most current information we have available. We want to once again urge everyone to do their part in slowing down the spread of this virus. Please continue to wear masks, limit large gatherings, wash hands, and practice social distancing. These efforts will help our students and staff remain safely in school. Superintendent Trosclair's message to the community is the same as with our LPSS families. “Every member of our community plays a part in helping to slow the spread of this virus, as well as keeping our students in school. I want to personally urge everyone to continue practicing mitigation measures, especially as we approach the holiday season.”
The Lafayette Parish School System announced today that all middle school and high school students will return to a hybrid schedule of learning after the Thanksgiving break.
Posted: Nov 24, 2020 1:06 PM
- LPSS Middle and High School Students Return to Hybrid Schedules
- LPSS High School Students Win 2020 Congressional App Challenge
- LPSS: Concerns On ReOpening Schools
- LPSS Delays Start of School
- Easing Back Into New School Routines (L.P.S.S.)
- LPSS Breaks Down School Bus Safety Plan
- LPSS Provides Information to Assist New Students With Registration Process
- LPSS GEAR UP Encourages Students to Complete FAFSA Form ASAP
- LPSS Returns 8th and 12th Grade Students to Daily In-Person Learning
- LPSS Shares Highest Graduation Rate To Date
Scroll for more content...