LAFAYETTE –February 11th, LOPA is partnering with Vitalant to host a blood drive in celebration of National Heart Health Month and National Donor Day. The blood drivewill be open from 11am to 3pm at the LOPA office in Lafayette, 121 Rue Louis XIV Building 7. All participantsmust register online in order to secure a spot. Donation times are limited due to COVID precautions. Please email email@example.com for available times. Valentine’s Dayis recognized annually as National Donor Day. Saying YES to organ and tissue donation, and sharing your decision with those closest to you, is one of the most beautiful demonstrations of loveanyone can express. Vitalant encourages existing and new donors to schedule a blood donation appointment in February—Heart Health Month—to help save lives and get their own health check. Heart transplant patients and infants born with heart defects can often require blood transfusions during surgery. Heart Health Month is a great time to honor these patients by giving blood. Brittany Tillery Simon, Vitalant Donor Recruitment Representative, is the daughter of heart and kidney recipient, Jack Tillery. “Partnering with LOPA for this blood drive goes well beyond my job with Vitalant and is very personal for me. I will never be able to fully express what organ donation means to me. Because of our donor's sacrifice, my dad has been with me the last 11 plus years. That would not have happened without LOPA and our registered organ donor. Keeping my organs healthy and registering as an organ and tissue donor are ways that I can give life someday. Donating blood, plasma, and platelets provide a way for me to also give life now. One blood donation can save up to three lives, and I know by giving that life, I'm also giving hope.”LOPA and Vitalant representatives will be available during the blood drive on Thursday for interviews. If you have questions, or need more information, please contact Suzanna Morton, LOPA Community Educator, firstname.lastname@example.org/ 256.724.2255.
February 11th, LOPA is partnering with Vitalant to host a blood drive in celebration of National Heart Health Month and National Donor Day.
Posted: Feb 10, 2021 1:17 PM
- LOPA Celebrates National Donor Day by Partnering with Vitalant toRaise Awareness for Organ & Tissue Donation
- LOPA Sets New Record for Tissue Donation in 2020
- Flag Raising Held in Broussard to Honor Organ & Tissue Donors
- August Is National Minority Donor Awareness Month
- Voluntary Organizations Play Vital Role in Recovery
- National Organ Donation Agencies Partner with Transplant Centers to Stress the Need for Organ Transplants Among Multicultural Communities
- Veterans Day Blood Drive At Vitalant
- A Year Into The Pandemic, Vitalant Still Struggling For Blood Donors
- Vitalant: Donate Blood in Honor of a Veteran
- Vitalant Still In Dire Need For Blood Donations
Scroll for more content...