WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Clay Higgins (R-LA) announced that he will vote against Democrats’ $1.9 trillion budget reconciliation package.
Less than 9% of the $1.9 trillion will be used for COVID-19 public health response efforts. Some of the most egregious funding items include:
- $12 billion for foreign aid;
- $350 billion to bail out poorly managed Democrat-run state and local governments;
- $50 million for EPA environmental justice grants;
- Over $100 million for Pelosi’s tunnel and Schumer’s bridge;
- $135 million for the National Endowment for the Arts;
- $135 million for the National Endowment for the Humanities;
- $200 million for the Institute of Museum and Library Services;
- Paying federal bureaucrats $1,400/week for 15 weeks to stay home if their child’s school is remote;
- Allowing tax dollars to pay for abortions; and
- Allowing stimulus payments to go to illegal immigrants.
Congressman Higgins issued the following statement:
“I am a firm NO on this monstrosity of a bill. It is full of wasteful spending and liberal wish list items that have zero to do with COVID relief. The bill does nothing to encourage reopening our schools or ending government-mandated lockdowns. With over $1 trillion in already appropriated relief funding still unspent, doling out another $2 trillion is completely unjustified.”