LPSS has chosen Eric Holden as the new head football coach for Ovey Comeaux High School.Holden most recently served as head football coach at St. John of Plaquemine.Holden has 16 years of high school football coaching experience, including stints as head coach, offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator and athletic director at various schools, mostly inthe greater Baton Rouge area. His track record includes coaching in two LHSAA 1A championship games and two semi-final games, among other playoff appearances. As head football coach for Berwick High School in 2016-2018, Holden transformed a school that hadn’t seen a winning season in 20 years, finishing 8-2 and earning a playoff berth. In his secondyear, the team followed up by making it to the second round of the playoffs.“I am excited that Coach Holden has joined LPSS to lead the Spartans football program,” said LPSS Athletic Director Nic Jeffers. “We’re excited for the energy and enthusiasm Coach Holdenwill bring to Comeaux High both on and off of the field - he’s eager to get the ball rolling.”Holden has a bachelor’s degree in general studies and is certified in teaching social studies at the secondary level. Prior to his career coaching football, Holden served in the U.S. Army for two years and also worked at a non-profit serving at-risk youth in Baton Rouge
LPSS has chosen Eric Holden as the new head football coach for Ovey Comeaux High School.
Posted: Mar 18, 2021 8:04 AM
- Eric Holden Named Head Football Coach for Comeaux Spartans
- Spartans Keep Fighting: Coach Langlinais
- Cali Comeaux named Downtown Lafayette Unlimited Marketing and Communications Manager
- Cali Comeaux Talks About Upcming Great Painted Pumpkin Festival Fundraiser
- Step Aerobic Classes Being Held at The Comeaux Recreational Center
- Pelicans name Willie Grean head coach
- Gov. Edwards Announces Weyerhaeuser Investing in Holden Mill
- Westminster Christian Academy Announce New Head Football Coach
- Comeaux Was Placed on Soft Lock down Following Attempted Car Jacking
- Holden Matthews Sentenced to 25 Years in Federal Prison for Arson Attacks
Scroll for more content...