BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards has been released from the Baton Rouge hospital where he was being treated for pneumonia and has returned home. Edwards biographer Leo Honeycutt released a statement Friday on behalf of the former governor's wife Trina confirming his release from the hospital. Trina Edwards says her husband has recovered enough that he will quarantine at home with nurses. The 93-year-old Edwin Edwards served as Louisiana governor for four terms. He was taken to the hospital Tuesday by ambulance and was diagnosed as having pneumonia in both lungs. Honeycutt said the former governor tested negative for COVID-19.
Photo courtesy of AP Photo/Bill Feig, File
Former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards has been released from the Baton Rouge hospital where he was being treated for pneumonia and has returned home.
Posted: Nov 20, 2020 3:54 PM
- Edwin Edwards Leaves Hospital After Treatment for Pneumonia
- Edwin Edwards Hospitalized Again, This Time with Pneumonia
- Former Gov. Edwin Edwards dies at 93
- Memorial Services for Former Gov. Edwin Edwards
- Gov. Edwards' Remarks from Former Gov. Edwin Edwards' Memorial Service
- Former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards in hospice care
- Goodbyes for Louisiana’s flamboyant ex-Gov. Edwin Edwards
- Gov. Edwin W. Edwards to lie in honor in Memorial Hall at the State Capitol on Saturday
- Louisiana Treasurer Hospitalized for COVID-19 Treatment
- Edwards Keeps Virus Rules as COVID-19 Hospitalizations Surge
Scroll for more content...