BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards has been hospitalized with pneumonia, only days after he was released from a prior stay for breathing problems. Trina Edwards is the four-term Democratic former governor’s wife. She posted about the latest hospitalization Wednesday on Facebook. She says Edwin Edwards became “very ill” Tuesday evening and was taken to the hospital by ambulance. Trina Edwards says her husband has pneumonia in both lungs and was expected to be hospitalized for several days. The 93-year-old Edwin Edwards spent the prior weekend in a Baton Rouge hospital for respiratory problems.
Photo courtesy of AP Photo/Bill Feig, File
Former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards has been hospitalized with pneumonia, only days after he was released from a prior stay for breathing problems.
Posted: Nov 18, 2020 11:30 AM
- Edwin Edwards Hospitalized Again, This Time with Pneumonia
- Edwin Edwards Leaves Hospital After Treatment for Pneumonia
- Former Gov. Edwin Edwards dies at 93
- Memorial Services for Former Gov. Edwin Edwards
- Gov. Edwards' Remarks from Former Gov. Edwin Edwards' Memorial Service
- Former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards in hospice care
- Goodbyes for Louisiana’s flamboyant ex-Gov. Edwin Edwards
- Gov. Edwin W. Edwards to lie in honor in Memorial Hall at the State Capitol on Saturday
- Edwards Keeps Virus Rules as COVID-19 Hospitalizations Surge
- Bills Signed by Gov. Edwards
Scroll for more content...