AP- Pfizer says an early peek at its vaccine data suggests the shots may be 90% effective at preventing COVID-19. Monday's announcement doesn't mean a vaccine is imminent. The interim analysis, from independent data monitors, looked at 94 infections recorded so far in a study that has enrolled nearly 44,000 people. Pfizer did not provide any more details about those cases, and cautioned the initial protection rate might change by the time the study ends. The shots are made by Pfizer and its German partner BioNTech. Pfizer has said it plans to seek U.S. review later this month.
Photo courtesy of AP Photo/Mark Lennihan, File
Pfizer says an early peek at its vaccine data suggests the shots may be 90% effective at preventing COVID-19.
Posted: Nov 9, 2020 1:27 PM
- COVID-19 Vaccine is Looking 90% Effective According to Pfizer
- United Airlines To Fly Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine
- Vaccine Side Effects
- Pfizer Seeking Emergency Use of its COVID-19 Vaccine in US
- U.K. Becomes First Country to Approve Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 Vaccine
- FDA approves Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for 12- to 15-year olds
- Pfizer Says Covid Vaccine 100 Percent Effective in Children Ages 12 to 15
- Pfizer Says Vaccine Can Work Against Variants
- UK Authorizes Pfizer Coronavirus Vaccine for Emergency Use
- U.K. Probing if Allergic Reactions Linked to Pfizer Vaccine
Scroll for more content...