WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden is set to announce a wide-ranging moratorium on new oil and gas leasing on U.S. lands, as his administration moves quickly to reverse Trump administration policies on energy and the environment and address climate change. Two people with knowledge of Biden’s plans outlined the proposed moratorium, which will be announced Wednesday. The move follows a 60-day suspension of new drilling permits for U.S. lands and waters announced last week and follows Biden’s campaign pledge to halt new drilling on federal lands as part of his plan to address climate change.
AP Photo/Jeri Clausing, File
President Joe Biden is set to announce a wide-ranging moratorium on new oil and gas leasing on U.S. lands.
Posted: Jan 26, 2021 11:31 AM
- Biden to pause oil drilling on public lands
- Biden Halts Oil and Gas Leases, Permits on US Land and Water
- Louisiana governor at odds with Biden over oil, gas policy
- Public Notice: Draft Environmental Land Assessment for FEMA Group Housing Site
- Trump-Biden Final Debate
- Shell to Close Louisiana Oil Refinery that Employs Hundreds
- The Oil Center Designated as National Register Historic District
- Pence to attend Biden inauguration
- Lafayette Parish Public Library
- Biden Hammers Trump On Coronavirus Response
Scroll for more content...