WASHINGTON (AP) — The Biden administration is ramping up efforts to sharply increase offshore wind energy along the East Coast. It is announcing progress on a huge wind farm planned off the New Jersey coast. The goal is to generate enough offshore wind power to provide electricity for more than 10 million homes by 2030. Meeting the target could create tens of thousands of good-paying union jobs. The White House says it could mean more than 44,000 workers employed in offshore wind by 2030 and nearly 33,000 related jobs. The effort could help slow global warming by avoiding 78 million metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions per year.
Photo courtesy of Pixaby
The Biden administration is ramping up efforts to sharply increase offshore wind energy along the East Coast.
Posted: Mar 29, 2021 12:51 PM
- Biden Boosts Offshore Wind Energy, Wants to Power 10M Homes
- Coast Guard medevacs mariner 46 miles offshore Cameron, Louisiana
- Biden Gets Boost from Wisconsin Recount that Cost Trump $3M
- Cassidy Responds to President Biden’s Harmful Energy Executive Orders
- US Tops 10M Coronavirus Cases Amid Surge in Infections
- Alabama-based group providing $10M in grants in 5 states
- Cassidy, Senators Request Meeting with President Biden Following Actions Targeting Energy Workers
- Attorney General Jeff Landry Leads 13-State Coalition To Stop The Biden Ban On American Energy
Scroll for more content...