Lafayette, La–Atmos Energy understands customer concerns that the recent extreme weather may affect their natural gas bills, so we want to assure customers that bills in the near-term will not include any of the unusually high gas prices from the historic winter storms. Atmos Energy does not set the market pricing for natural gas. There is no profit added to the gas cost. We have been and will continue working with regulators to find solutions that will minimize the impact on monthly bills. Until those solutions are identified, the gas cost portion of a customer’s bill will reflect normal, seasonal gas prices. February and March bills may still be higher than recent months based on the amount of gas used during the bitterly cold weather. Atmos Energy offers installment plans that spread out payments of the total balance over time with no added charges or fees. To set up an installment plan, visit www.atmosenergy.com, log into the Atmos Energy Account Center and select the Payment Assistance tab, or call the Atmos Energy customer service team at 888.286.6700 Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. central time. Federal assistance funds are also available through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), in addition to Atmos Energy’s Sharing the Warmth funds. Sharing the Warmth is a program that leverages the generosity of customer donations with additional contributions by Atmos Energy to amplify the amount of assistance offered. Atmos Energy then partners with local agencies to offer program funds to eligible customers. Financial assistance is available on a first come, first served basis to eligible residential customers through a local energy assistance agency. To locate an agency, visit www.atmosenergy.com/assistance or call 211. Customers needing solutions to keep up with their monthly natural gas expenses are encouraged to contact Atmos Energy’s customer service team at 888.286.6700 or visit the account center at https://www.atmosenergy.com/accountcenter/logon/login.html
"We have been and will continue working with regulators to find solutions that will minimize the impact on monthly bills. "
Posted: Feb 24, 2021 1:52 PM
- Atmos Energy Addresses Customer Bills Following Historic Winter Storms
- Preparing for Bitterly Cold Temperatures, Atmos Energy Offers These Safety Tips
- Cleco: Customers starting to experience power outages from winter storm
- Power restored to over 7,700 customers following winter storm
- Customers Encouraged to Prepare for Cold Weather, Increased Energy Usage
- House Passes Historic Bill to Decriminalize Cannabis
- Cleco Offers Energy-Saving Tips for Winter Months
- Texas officials are investigating outrageous energy bills in storm price surge
- Cleco: Approximately 10,000 customers without power as winter storm moves across Louisiana
- Crews continue efforts to restore power to customers impacted by winter storm
Scroll for more content...