NEW YORK (AP) — Now sold on Amazon: insulin and inhalers. The company said Tuesday that it has opened an online pharmacy, giving shoppers the chance to buy their medication on their phones and computers. The move propels Amazon into a new business and could shake up the pharmacy industry. Big chains like CVS and Walgreens rely on their pharmacies to bring them a steady flow of shoppers who stop by frequently to pick up their medications. Amazon said it will offer commonly prescribed medications starting, including creams, pills and medications that need to stay cold, like insulin. Shoppers have to set up a profile on Amazon’s website and have doctors send prescriptions to Amazon.
Photo courtesy of AP Photo/Steven Senne, File
The company said Tuesday that it has opened an online pharmacy, giving shoppers the chance to buy their medication on their phones and computers.
Posted: Nov 17, 2020 3:26 PM
- Amazon Opens Online Pharmacy, Shaking Up Another Industry
- New 311 Online Portal Open For Lafayette Residents
- Louisiana Pharmacies to Get More Vaccine Through Biden Plan
- Valentines Day: Online Dating Scams
- Here's when McDonald's is bringing back the Shamrock Shake
- Maker Faire Lafayette Event Schedule Announced, Online Registration Open for Attendees
- LSUE To Offer Online Gameful Learning Courses
- Students question UL's online course fee
- BBB Warns of Online Vehicle Vendor Scams
- Virus: Louisiana school goes online, forfeits playoffs
Scroll for more content...