BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — More than 1 million people in Louisiana have completed their coronavirus vaccine series. That's about 22% of the state’s population. The latest health department data was released Thursday. Officials hailed the benchmark. But that vaccination rate remains far below the threshold that scientists say is needed to stop the uncontrolled spread of the COVID-19 disease caused by the coronavirus. Louisiana has launched a broad statewide effort to try to overcome vaccine reluctance, that includes a vaccine hotline, an array of community vaccine events and other grassroots outreach work to encourage immunization. Anyone age 16 and older in Louisiana is eligible for the coronavirus vaccine.
Eric Lee / Bloomberg via Getty Images
More than 1 million people in Louisiana have completed their coronavirus vaccine series.
Posted: Apr 15, 2021 3:55 PM
- 1M people in Louisiana fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- 'Saving lives every day:' Louisiana tops 1M vaccine shots
- When Will Covid-19 Vaccines be Fully Approved?
- Have you been fully vaccinated?
- Fully vaccinated people can skip Covid quarantines, CDC says
- CDC plans to drop mask requirements for fully vaccinated people
- First Covid-19 Vaccine Administered in Louisiana
- New guidance might come soon for people who have been fully vaccinated for Covid-19, Fauci says
- Higgins Calls on Governor Edwards to Fully Reopen Louisiana
- Louisiana Department of Health Now Reporting Information for Those Not Fully Vaccinated
Scroll for more content...